Taylor Swift Seems to Hint at New Music With Instagram Tease
What does it mean?
A new Taylor Swift album may be here sooner than we thought (or, conversely, not soon enough). Monday afternoon Swift uploaded the video shown below to Instagram along with the message, "So, here's your first clue …" The video shows Swift pushing an elevator button reading '18' six times. (Anyone else humming the "elevator buttons and morning air" part of "Ours" right now?)
So many questions: Does this mean the lead single is coming Aug. 18? Will an upcoming music video be shot entirely in an elevator? Will there be 18 tracks on the new album? Perhaps most likely, will a new album arrive Oct. 18?
If that's indeed the case, it would seem to follow the well-established pattern of Swift records; all four of her previous albums thus far have come out within a few specific weeks near the end of October: Taylor Swift was released Oct. 24, 2006; Fearless dropped Nov. 11, 2008; Speak Now debuted Oct. 25, 2010; and Red dropped Oct. 22, 2012.
Overanalyze the quick video from Swift below.
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- 16 'New Girl' Facts That'll Make You Love It Even More
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'