Taylor Swift Offers Relationship Advice in 'Seventeen' Magazine Column
The multi-tasking country-pop star proves that the topic of love is not just reserved for song lyrics.
Taylor Swift, famous for her lyrics about the new love and the disappointments of heartbreak, will dole out relationship advice to Seventeen readers in a column slated to run in the magazine's December/January issue.
In the piece, Swift covers common crush hurdles like being stuck in the friend zone, how to grab the attention of someone you have your eye on, or how to tell if a relationship is definitely over.
Several of Swift’s songs from her recently released Red album address issues similar to the topics she tackles. Her breakup anthem, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” for example, is a primer on closure. Writes Swift: “If you get into the habit of hiding your breakups and makeups from your friends and family because they roll their eyes at you, or no one can ever keep it straight if you guys are together or not… congratulations. You’re in an on-again, off-again relationship that’s gone on for way too long, and its time to end it for good!”
Swift’s dubstep-heavy new single, “I Knew You Were Trouble,” reinforces her views on how to tell if a guy is no good: “It sucks, but you can’t know for sure after just one date," she writes. "All you can do is be honest and real with him as you get to know each other. Deciding not to play games is the best way to go because it keeps things simple: If he messes it up by playing around with your heart, you’ll know he doesn’t deserve you. You were real with him, and he didn’t return the courtesy. Someone else will!”
For more relationship advice from Taylor, go to www.seventeen.com/taylor and pick up the December/January issue of Seventeen, on newsstands Nov. 20.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!