Trent Reznor Signs With Columbia For 'How to Destroy Angels' Releases
Ex-Nine Inch Nails frontman announces new 'Angels' EP called 'An Omen' to be released Nov. 13.
Trent Reznor's latest project will release a new EP through a major label.
The former Nine Inch Nails frontman's new group, How to Destroy Angels, announced that it will be releasing its second EP on Nov. 13, entitled An Omen. He also wrote that the title, as well as the group's "next series of releases," would be made available in partnership with Columbia Records.
Reznor explained his reasoning for signing with Columbia in a Facebook post. We "really spent a long time thinking about things and it makes sense for a lot of reasons, including a chance to work with our old friend Mark Williams," he wrote.
"Complete independent releasing has its great points but also comes with shortcomings," the artist noted. Reznor has been outspoken about developing independent ways to distribute his work and has been skeptical of record labels.
An Omen is How to Destroy Angels second EP. The group's first, a self-titled release, arrived in June 2010 and is available as a digital download for free on the band's website.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- 'Nutcracker Rouge' Puts A Sexy, 'Baroque-Burlesque' Twist On The Classic Christmas Ballet
- Celebrities Do Their Worst British And American Accents, Succeed Effortlessly
- U.S. Investigation Finds North Korea Was Responsible For Sony Hack
- Why Is Katie Couric Giving Stephen Collins a Forum to Defend Sexual Abuse?
- Quvenzhané Wallis Facts: 10 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Annie' Star
- Peter Jackson and Philippa Boyens on 'The Hobbit,' a Missing Elf, and What's Next (EXCLUSIVE)
- Best of Late Night TV: Orlando Bloom Wants 'Hobbit' Porno, Amy Adams Struggles at 'Holiday Flip Cup' (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Poses with Velociraptor in 'Jurassic World' Holiday Greeting