Trent Reznor To Receive Golden Note Award at ASCAP Pop Music Awards
The industrial legend and film composer will be honored for his long, wide-ranging career on April 18.
Trent Reznor owns Grammys, a Golden Globe and an Oscar, and now he'll add the prestigious Golden Note to his mantle.
The genre-spanning hitmaker will be honored with the career achievement at the ASCAP Pop Music Awards on April 18, the organization announced on Thursday. He follows in the footsteps of past winners such as Elton John, Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie.
Renzor rose to fame under the guise of Nine Inch Nails, his groundbreaking industrial music act that pushed boundaries on pop music. He earned two Best Metal Performance Grammys for his work on the singles "Wish and "Happiness in Slavery." He's performed on a number of side projects -- he collobrated with Ministry lead singer Al Jourgensen, amongst other efforts -- and ventured into producing, and owns the independent label The Null Corporation.
More recently, Reznor has worked with production partner Atticus Ross and director David Fincher to score the filmmaker's last two films. His music for The Social Network won him both a Golden Globe and an Oscar, while he earned nominations for the score to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
"I think it's safe to say that Trent Reznor is my generation's most talented musician/producer/songwriter," Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl told The Hollywood Reporter last year. "When he won the Academy Award, I was not only happy for him, but I was also happy that someone from my musical generation was being recognized not just as a rock musician but as a brilliant composer. As an artist. It was well-deserved."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama