Tyrese and Dr. Dre May Have Confirmed the Apple-Beats Deal (Video)
In a video posted on Facebook that's since been taken down, the actor says, "They need to update the Forbes list" and Dre refers to himself as "the first billionaire in hip-hop."
In the wake of reports that Apple is in talks to buy audio equipment maker Beats Electronics, which recently launched a subscription music service, co-founder Dr. Dre and actor Tyrese Gibson may have confirmed that the $3.2 billion deal is happening via a video posted to Gibson's Facebook page Thursday night.
In the clip, which has since been removed from Facebook but surfaced on YouTube, Gibson says, "They need to update the Forbes list. Shit just changed."
Dre then interjects, "In a big way, understand that. The first billionaire in hip-hop, right here from the motherf---ing West Coast, believe it!"
The full video, which includes explicit language, is below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Comic-Con Trailer Will Blow Your Mind (VIDEO)
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Is Even More Sinful in the Red Band Comic-Con Trailer (VIDEO)
- 'The Bachelorette' Couples: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Box Office: How Scarlett Johansson Beat Dwayne Johnson at the Action Movie Game