ACM Awards: Blake Shelton, Shakira Duet on 'Medicine' (Video)
The "Voice" coaches hit the stage in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
Shakira and Blake Shelton gave viewers a taste of "Medicine," their new duet, at the ACM Awards on Sunday.
Rocking a lipstick-red dress showing just enough of those famous hips, Shakira squared off with the country superstar for a spirited version of the pounding anthem. They ended the performance with a huge smile and a hug.
The duet comes following the Latin superstar's yearning to go a little country, having approached Shelton after the two worked together on The Voice.
"I told him I wanted to work with Nashville people," Shakira told Billboard last month. "I was a little tired of L.A. I wanted people with another point of view, real people with roots with whom I feel comfortable working in the same room. And I told Blake I wanted to do a song that had the narrative of a country song, that was picturesque, that was a real song. But it also needed to suit me, because after all, I'm Colombian."
"Medicine" hit No. 57 on the Country Airplay chart after the release of her self-titled album in late March, netting Shakira her first entry on a country chart.
Meanwhile, it's Shelton's 35th entry on the chart, having also hit No. 1 recently with "Doin' What She Likes," his 16th chart-topper.
Shelton is co-hosting the 2014 ACM Awards with Luke Bryan. The show airs live on CBS.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014