ACM Awards: Blake Shelton, Shakira Duet on 'Medicine' (Video)
The "Voice" coaches hit the stage in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
Shakira and Blake Shelton gave viewers a taste of "Medicine," their new duet, at the ACM Awards on Sunday.
Rocking a lipstick-red dress showing just enough of those famous hips, Shakira squared off with the country superstar for a spirited version of the pounding anthem. They ended the performance with a huge smile and a hug.
The duet comes following the Latin superstar's yearning to go a little country, having approached Shelton after the two worked together on The Voice.
"I told him I wanted to work with Nashville people," Shakira told Billboard last month. "I was a little tired of L.A. I wanted people with another point of view, real people with roots with whom I feel comfortable working in the same room. And I told Blake I wanted to do a song that had the narrative of a country song, that was picturesque, that was a real song. But it also needed to suit me, because after all, I'm Colombian."
"Medicine" hit No. 57 on the Country Airplay chart after the release of her self-titled album in late March, netting Shakira her first entry on a country chart.
Meanwhile, it's Shelton's 35th entry on the chart, having also hit No. 1 recently with "Doin' What She Likes," his 16th chart-topper.
Shelton is co-hosting the 2014 ACM Awards with Luke Bryan. The show airs live on CBS.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material
- Try Not To Smile at These Seniors Hilariously Recreating Iconic Movie & TV Scenes (PHOTOS)
- Jake Gyllenhaal Brings the Creepy in Intense New 'Nightcrawler' Trailer (VIDEO)
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Will Sail Into Theaters July 2017
- 11 Movies So Bad They're Worth Watching Just to See How Bad They Are