BRIT Awards: Beyonce Sings 'XO' for the First Time on TV (Video)
After rumors swirled, the singer was confirmed to take the O2 Arena stage on Wednesday just before the awards show began.
Weeks after Beyonce and Jay Z gave "Drunk in Love" its televised debut at the Grammy Awards, the always-surprising singer did the same for her Beyonce standout "XO" at the BRIT Awards, held at London's O2 Arena on Wednesday.
Dressed in a sparkling blue dress and double-diamond silver earrings, Beyonce delivered the opening to "XO" from behind a see-through barrier.
"I'd like to dedicate this song to my incredible fans — I love y'all," she said, while projected on a giant screen. "Sing along with me tonight!"
She then strode out toward the London crowd for the first hook, complemented by backing vocals that repeated each line. Three giant pillars behind Beyonce flashed graphics of fireworks and neon lights throughout the performance, but the most colorful moment came when the singer asked the room to help her croon along with the bridge.
Beyonce's "XO" at the BRIT Awards was preceded by performances by Bruno Mars, Katy Perry and Arctic Monkeys. Beyonce was rumored to be among the event's performers, and was confirmed to be taking the stage at the top of the telecast.
On this week's Hot 100 chart, "Drunk in Love" rebounded from No. 8 to No. 5. Beyonce, the singer's fifth studio album, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart upon its December release.
Once Beyonce finished her performance, host James Corden commented, "Aww, shit! Beyonce — shit!"
Watch a Beyonce's full performance of "XO" below:
What's Hot In Music
- This 'How to Get Away With Murder' First Look Is Getting Us Excited for ABC's Thursday Night Lineup (VIDEO)
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Made Quite the Ratings Splash
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' 'Get on Up,' 'The Killing,' & More (VIDEO)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About Marvel's Newest Franchise
- Lily Aldridge, Candice Swanepoel, & Chrissy Teigen Pose for 'Watch Hunger Stop' Campaign
- Blake Shelton Surprises Usher at His New Look Foundation 15th Anniversary Kick Off Celebration!
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Already Has Her Emmy 2014 Dress Picked Out!
- Heidi Klum Rolls on the Floor with Jimmy Fallon - Watch Now!