Billy Ray Cyrus Casts Twerking Aliens in 'Achy Breaky 2' With Buck 22 (Video)
As promised, the country musician released an out-of-this-world, hip-hop version of his early-'90s hit -- this time featuring an introduction by Larry King.
When Larry King opens your music video with breaking news about a UFO "transcending over Europe," you know it's gonna be, well, something. A rapper named Buck 22 enlisted the CNN alum to appear in a mind-boggling update of Billy Ray Cyrus' early-'90s classic "Achy Breaky Heart." Titled "Achy Breaky 2," the video takes place on a space ship inhabited by a race of naked, twerking female aliens who pick up Buck and Cyrus for a joy ride.
The new version of "Achy" does indeed mix the rap and country genres, with Buck delivering relaxed verses about drinking and being happy, and frequent choruses featuring a very-Outlaw-looking Cyrus and his pleas to not break his "achy breaky heart." Buck 22, who says he's leading a "new revolution of country music mixed with hip-hop," is actually veteran music producer Damon Elliott, the son of Dionne Warwick and jazz drummer Bill Elliott. In the past, Elliott has worked with Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Destiny's Child, Keyshia Cole and P!nk, among others.
Cyrus' original version, written by Don Von Tress, reached No. 4 on the Hot 100 in 1992 and remains the singer's signature song.
In a day's time, the video has over half a million views on YouTube, though not all the reception has been positive. "Looks like a couple rich assholes got together and made a bullshit music video," writes a user named Green Oaks. "This obviously isn't serious, but holy shit. What a terrible joke." The Like/Dislike buttons give a clear indication of how people feel about it.
Watch the video below:
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David