Bruce Springsteen Covers Lorde in New Zealand (Video)
The "King B" rocked out on "Royals" while onstage in Auckland.
Imagine being a 17-year-old singer-songwriter and having Bruce Springsteen cover your song when he plays a show in your hometown. That's the kind of buzz that is for Lorde, whose No. 1 single "Royals" was given the Boss treatment during a performance at Mt. Smart Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand on Saturday.
Springsteen tweaks a few of Lorde's lyrics, tosses in some harmonica and refers to himself at "King B" in the chorus, but for the most part the legendary rocker is faithful to the anti-luxury anthem. The obvious highlight: hearing Springsteen growl through the "Gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom" bridge.
"Royals" ruled the Hot 100 chart for nine weeks last year, while Springsteen collected another No. 1 album in January with High Hopes. Lorde's debut album, Pure Heroine, passed 1 million copies sold in the past chart week.
"Royals" isn't the only cool cover Springsteen has busted out on this international tour -- click here to watch the Boss cover AC/DC in Australia.
Watch the cover performance below:
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!