Bruce Springsteen Covers Lorde in New Zealand (Video)
The "King B" rocked out on "Royals" while onstage in Auckland.
Imagine being a 17-year-old singer-songwriter and having Bruce Springsteen cover your song when he plays a show in your hometown. That's the kind of buzz that is for Lorde, whose No. 1 single "Royals" was given the Boss treatment during a performance at Mt. Smart Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand on Saturday.
Springsteen tweaks a few of Lorde's lyrics, tosses in some harmonica and refers to himself at "King B" in the chorus, but for the most part the legendary rocker is faithful to the anti-luxury anthem. The obvious highlight: hearing Springsteen growl through the "Gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom" bridge.
"Royals" ruled the Hot 100 chart for nine weeks last year, while Springsteen collected another No. 1 album in January with High Hopes. Lorde's debut album, Pure Heroine, passed 1 million copies sold in the past chart week.
"Royals" isn't the only cool cover Springsteen has busted out on this international tour -- click here to watch the Boss cover AC/DC in Australia.
Watch the cover performance below:
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend