Kanye West Debuts Trailer for 'Yeezus' Film (Video)
The film was directed by Hype Williams, who also helmed West's "Diamonds From Sierra Leone," "Stronger" and "Gold Digger" music videos.
The lengthy North American leg of the Yeezus tour may have just ended, but there's more coming from Kanye West. On Thursday, he shared a brief trailer from an upcoming tour film on his official site.
The video features rapid-fire clips of a variety of scenes from the tour, as well as some horses running in snow, soundtracked by clips from the album. The trailer first aired during his appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers earlier this week.
The film was directed by Hype Williams and will appear in theaters, according to the trailer. Williams directed a number of West's music videos, including "Diamonds From Sierra Leone," "Stronger" and "Gold Digger."
Last week, novelist/screenwriter Bret Easton Ellis confirmed in an interview with Noisey that he is also collaborating with West on a film project. Though it would be totally plausible for 'Ye to be kicking around a few projects, there's a strong possibility this is what he was speaking of.
Ellis is best known for his books American Psycho and Less Than Zero, both of which were adapted into films.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'