BRIT Awards: Lorde, Disclosure Perform With AlunaGeorge's Aluna Francis (Video)
UPDATED: With plenty of white outlines, the paired performance is for sale on iTunes, with proceeds benefiting the War Child charity.
Lorde and Disclosure paired up for a performance at the BRIT Awards on Wednesday, presenting an enticingly upbeat new version of the New Zealander's breakout hit "Royals" before segueing into the U.K. electronic duo's single "White Noise."
Standing in front of a giant illustration of her face (obscured, of course, by Disclosure's trademark white lines), Lorde grooved along to the percolating hi-hats, woozy synthesizers and stuttering rhythms newly bestowed on her No. 1 smash. Soon, the 17-year-old was standing face-to-face with AlunaGeorge's Aluna Francis, who made a surprise appearance and grinned through a straightforward take on "White Noise," from Disclosure's debut album, Settle.
Lorde took home the award for best international female at the BRIT Awards, held on Wednesday night at London's O2 Arena, while Disclosure's Settle is up for Mastercard British album of the year. Disclosure was nominated for four total awards at the ceremony, as was "Pompeii" group Bastille.
Last month, Lorde earned the song of the year award at the Grammys for "Royals," which spent nine weeks atop the Hot 100 chart. "Team," her follow-up single, clocks in at No. 9 on this week's tally.
Watch Lorde and Disclosure's full performance below.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014