O-Town Reuniting for New Music, Tour (Video)
Four of the original group members assembled on ABC's reality show "Making the Band," after a 10-year hiatus.
A decade after O-Town disbanded, the boy band is officially making a comeback. That's right: Erik, Dan, Trevor and Jacob are once again ready to give you their all…or nothing at all.
The group, which originally formed on the ABC reality show Making the Band in 2000, announced its reformation Monday, rebooting its official website and teasing more specifics to follow in the coming weeks. New music -- the group's first batch since 2002's O2 album -- is indeed in the works, according to bandmember Jacob Underwood.
"We started this reunion purely for the fun of it," says Underwood. "We had discussed a summer tour to perform our old songs and finally give the fans what they’ve been asking us for the last 10 years. However, once we began working, what developed was something a little more ambitious. The ideas kept flying and we couldn’t help but start making new music."
Erik Michael Estrada adds, "Each of us has different reasons for agreeing to do this again, a decade later. Mine has to start with the fans. I never knew how much I would miss them. I never quite realized how much of an impact we had on them."
O-Town's 2001 self-titled album has sold 1.7 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan, and its first two singles, "Liquid Dreams" and "All Or Nothing," reached No. 10 and No. 3 on the Hot 100 chart, respectively. O2 followed with 257,000 copies sold; after the group's 2004 dissolution, Ashley Parker Angel's 2006 album Soundtrack to Your Life has sold 184,000 copies to date. Angel will not be part of the group's 2014 comeback.
"We are blessed to be able to apply what we’ve learned to create something stimulating and beautiful, that we can call ours," says Underwood. "This isn’t just a reunion for us. It’s a new beginning."
Watch the announcement video below:
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Video Has All The Butts You Could Ever Want In A Music Video
- CMA Songwriting: Chats with Bob DiPiero, Carrie Underwood, Easton Corbin, Kix Brooks, Chris Young, Ronnie Milsap & Little Big Town's Kimberly Schlapman
- The Special Way DWTS' Tony Dovolani Embraces Fatherhood and Raising His Autistic Son
- Mental Illness on TV
- Best of Late Night TV: Pierce Brosnan Fails at 'GoldenEye 007,' Chloe Grace Moretz Fakes Cello (VIDEO)
- Let's Rank the 'Saved By the Bell' Very Special Episodes (VIDEO)
- Julianne Hough May Return to 'Dancing With the Stars'... as a Judge
- The East Hill Mall's Back-to-School Commercial Goes Viral for All the Wrong Reasons (VIDEO)