Robin Thicke Continues Paula Patton Pleas: We Can 'Still Have a Great Life' (Video)
Robin Thicke continued his mission to win back actress Paula Patton on Wednesday morning with an appearance on Good Morning America.
The singer has made his apologies known with public pleas in music videos and live performances, following the couple's separation announcement in February.
"I hope she likes it," he said on GMA of the album, a day after premiering his kid-filled "Still Madly Crazy" music video — inspired by their wedding photos — on the morning show. "We were together; we were childhood sweethearts. She’s still the best person I ever met. I just thought the least I could do was to devote an album to her."
Thicke's public displays of affection have disclosed a handful of private moments, including text messages in the "Get Her Back" video. "I actually have no idea what I'm doing, I'm kind of just flying by the seat of my pants on this one, but I just wanted to make something artistic out of a very difficult period," he said. "When you lose the love of your life, you don't have much to hide anymore. … If you got a good woman, take care of her, guys."
And of the track "Forever Love," in which he takes responsibility for the breakup, he explained, "I didn’t want it to be all depressing, because I didn’t want her to listen to it and make her sad only. I wanted there to be moments where she had hope and positivity that her and I can both still have a great life, no matter what happens, and we'll be great friends and great parents."
So what does Patton think of Thicke's pleas? "That's all private," he said. "I can't speak for her."
Watch the interview in the video below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'