U2 Rocks the Crowd in Black-and-White 'Invisible' Video
The band recruited Mark Romanek to direct the video for the (RED) track they premiered in a Super Bowl ad for Bank of America.
Just a week after premiering the song during a high-profile Bank of America ad during the Super Bowl, U2 has dropped a Mark Romanek-directed music video for "Invisible," one of the songs off the band's upcoming studio album.
The video, shot completely in black-and-white, features the Irish four-piece performing the new tune in front of a captive audience; Bono croons the song into a hang-down mic while the rest of the band riffs away in front of a screen of multiple video effects.
It's the first collaboration between U2 and Romanek, the storied director whose credits include Jay Z's "99 Problems," Johnny Cash's "Hurt." "Invisible" was shot in a Santa Monica airport hangar over three days last month, the visual clip for the band's partnership with (RED), which helps fight HIV/AIDS in Africa. The band raised over $3 million with the song upon its premiere and subsequent one-day free download period on iTunes after the Super Bowl.
"Invisible" isn't just making waves with its new video. The song helped U2 make history on the Alternative Songs chart last week, reclaiming the mark for most songs placed on the chart in its history with 39, beating out Pearl Jam. The song debuted at No. 28.
Watch the video below.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!