VMAs: Fifth Harmony, Charli XCX Rock Red-Carpet Preshow
"Boom Clap" for the "BO$$"
Fifth Harmony and Charli XCX pumped up the crowd on the red carpet before the MTV Video Music Awards kicked off inside the Forum on Sunday night.
First, the X Factor-created girl group — composed of Ally Brooke, Normani Hamilton, Lauren Jauregui, Camila Cabello and Dinah Jane Hansen, dressed in black-and-white outfits — stomped all over the outdoor stage, red carpet and fan bleachers for "BO$$," their Michelle Obama- and Oprah Winfrey-hailing single off their Reflection album.
Then, the hook master of Icona Pop's "I Love It" and Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" got fans in rhythm with "Boom Clap," her contribution to the Fault in Our Stars soundtrack and also the lead single off her third studio album, Sucker. She wore a feather-trimmed mesh ensemble, changing very quickly out of her animal-print jumpsuit in which she had hit the carpet just minutes earlier.
The two acts are up for the MTV Artist to Watch award, alongside 5 Seconds of Summer's "She Looks So Perfect," Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" and Schoolboy Q's "Man of the Year."
Beyonce, also the recipient of the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, leads this year's pack with eight nominations, including video of the year and best female video.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Emily Blunt on 'Into the Woods,' Meryl Streep, and... 'Star Wars'? (EXCLUSIVE)
- Chris Pine on 'Into the Woods,' 'Star Trek 3,' and His 'Jack Ryan' Regret (EXCLUSIVE)
- Mike Colter to Play Luke Cage for Marvel Netflix Series 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- J.K. Rowling Doesn't Understand the Love for Draco Malfoy
- Ryan Reynolds Helps Retrieve the 'Woman in Gold' in New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Dance Moves to Promote 'Beyonce: Platinum Edition' - Watch Now!
- Henry Cavill & Armie Hammer Enjoy a Drink Together in First 'Man From U.N.C.L.E' Still
- Chris Hemsworth Gets Ready to Fight Whale 'In The Heart Of The Sea' Trailer - Watch Now!