VMAs 2012: Fun. Looks Back on Making the Music Video for 'We Are Young' (Video)
"I remember it being very dangerous," Jack Antonoff tells THR. "I'm pretty excited and surprised no one got hurt."
Fun., the indie rock band responsible for hits “We Are Young” and “Some Nights,” attended their very first MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday.
Granted, this is not the trio’s first time at the rodeo – they’ve been working together since 2008, releasing Aim and Ignite in 2009 and Some Nights in 2012.
But still, the group – which is made up of Jack Antonoff, Andrew Dost and Nate Ruess -- was all smiles on the red carpet before their first VMAs. Fun. was nominated for best new artist and the video for “We Are Young” was up for best pop video.
The band said they were looking forward to performances by Alicia Keys, Pink and Green Day on Thursday night, adding that they were “big fans.”
“It’s incredible to see them,” Ruess told The Hollywood Reporter. “They’re true artists, and so to sit back and watch them – it’s pretty awesome.”
THR asked them to look back on the making of the video for “We Are Young,” the youthful anthem that was the first single off their 2012 album.
“I remember it being very dangerous,” said Antonoff. “There were a lot of stunt people. We were just put in our places and told, ‘Move a lot, but don’t move at the same time.’”
“I’m pretty excited and surprised no one got hurt,” he added.
While the group didn’t win any awards that night (see the complete list of VMA winners here), they were able to talk about what they plan to do with their music in the future.
“I think it’s just important for us to be ourselves. I think that’s what got us here in the first place, and I think that’s what has kept all of us making music for a really long time,” said Ruess.
Watch THR’s interview with fun. above.
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Says The U.S. Is 'Like The Oprah Of Middle East Weapons Systems!'
- Teen Cosplayer Sexually Assaulted And Beaten Near Comic-Con, Police Say
- Nathan Fielder's 'Dumb Starbucks' Episode Finally Airs, And It's Genius
- Justin Bieber And Orlando Bloom Maybe, Possibly Just Had The Lamest Fight Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'