VMAs 2012: Fun. Looks Back on Making the Music Video for 'We Are Young' (Video)
"I remember it being very dangerous," Jack Antonoff tells THR. "I'm pretty excited and surprised no one got hurt."
Fun., the indie rock band responsible for hits “We Are Young” and “Some Nights,” attended their very first MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday.
Granted, this is not the trio’s first time at the rodeo – they’ve been working together since 2008, releasing Aim and Ignite in 2009 and Some Nights in 2012.
But still, the group – which is made up of Jack Antonoff, Andrew Dost and Nate Ruess -- was all smiles on the red carpet before their first VMAs. Fun. was nominated for best new artist and the video for “We Are Young” was up for best pop video.
The band said they were looking forward to performances by Alicia Keys, Pink and Green Day on Thursday night, adding that they were “big fans.”
“It’s incredible to see them,” Ruess told The Hollywood Reporter. “They’re true artists, and so to sit back and watch them – it’s pretty awesome.”
THR asked them to look back on the making of the video for “We Are Young,” the youthful anthem that was the first single off their 2012 album.
“I remember it being very dangerous,” said Antonoff. “There were a lot of stunt people. We were just put in our places and told, ‘Move a lot, but don’t move at the same time.’”
“I’m pretty excited and surprised no one got hurt,” he added.
While the group didn’t win any awards that night (see the complete list of VMA winners here), they were able to talk about what they plan to do with their music in the future.
“I think it’s just important for us to be ourselves. I think that’s what got us here in the first place, and I think that’s what has kept all of us making music for a really long time,” said Ruess.
Watch THR’s interview with fun. above.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Sorry, Dallas Fans: Matthew McConaughey Isn't in 'Magic Mike XXL'
- 'The Maze Runner' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- Everyone Is #Blessed in This Exclusive 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' Preview (VIDEO)
- Aubrey Plaza Is the Voice of Grumpy Cat in the Lifetime Movie
- Newlyweds Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Make First Public Appearance After Wedding
- Michael B. Jordan & Jesse Williams Step Out for Ultimate Stud Fest at 'Men's Fitness' Game Changers Party 2014
- Erin Heatherton & Jordin Sparks Rep Their Favorite Teams at NFL Fashion Launch!
- Jude Law Dresses to Impress For 'Symphony in Blue: A Journey To the Centre of The Glass'