'Voice' Winner Cassadee Pope to Tour With Rascal Flatts
Pope won the third season of the NBC singing show after performing several country songs.
Looks like The Voice winner Cassadee Pope will continue to go country.
Pope found her country hook while starring on the third season of the NBC singing competition when coach Blake Shelton nudged the pop-rocker in that direction.
After her performance of Shelton's wife Miranda Lambert's song "Over You" skyrocketed her into a front-runner position, Pope went on to win season three.
Now she's taking her show on the road, joining Grammy Award-winning trio Rascal Flatts on their Changed tour later this year.
Pope tweeted: “Incredibly excited to announce I will be supporting the Rascal Flatts tour this summer. I’ll be playing right before the Band Perry. Yay!”
Pope performed Rascal Flatts' "Changed" with the country group on The Voice. She also performed their song "Stand" during the competition. After winning, Pope signed with Republic Nashville.
Official dates for the 2013 Rascal Flatts tour have not been announced.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'