'Weeds' Star Hunter Parrish Releases Debut Album
The six-song EP "Guessing Games," which the television and Broadway actor co-wrote, hit iTunes on June 26.
Hunter Parrish may be best known for playing the enterprising and hunky offspring of pot-dealing mom Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker) on Showtime’s hit series Weeds, but as it turns out, the actor also moonlights as a singer, releasing his first EP Guessing Games on iTunes today.
Parrish’s “pop-folk” debut features love songs reminiscent of the sound of John Mayer or Jason Mraz. He co-wrote the EP with Daniel James and Leah Haywood, who most recently worked with Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez and Nicki Minaj.
“A lot of the music is about love,” Parrish recently said. “Some of it is just love for my momma, and there are some ex-girlfriends I’ve been writing about.” Although the actor is keen to point out that he appreciates fans that come through his work on Weeds, he also wants the songs to speak for themselves. “The truth is I want to make music that people enjoy.”
Indeed, the 24-year-old doesn’t plan on employing a typical music marketing campaign. There won’t be much of a U.S. tour, outside of a few small venues (including a special record release show on June 29 at Los Angeles' Hotel Café), and Parrish is currently obligated to the TV show set. Still, Parrish, who has appeared on Broadway as the lead in the Tony Award-winning Spring Awakening, and more recently, Godspell, hopes to release a full-length album later this year.
For now, you can catch him as Silas on Weeds, which returns for its eighth season on July 1.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!