White Stripes Reunion? 'Only If We Were Bankrupt,' Says Jack White
The Detroit rocker, who is set to release his debut solo album this spring, calls any regrouping “a really sad thing.”
Detroit rocker Jack White has revealed that he will only reform the White Stripes if they were to hit bankruptcy.
Speaking to NME, White called a reunion "a really sad thing" if it were to happen. Despite the White Stripes success, and his former marriage to only bandmate Meg White, Jack White expressed a severe reluctance and unwillingness to reunite the band.
"I would probably say absolutely not. Absolutely no chance. I couldn't see any reason to ever do that," said White. "I'm not the kind of person that would retire from baseball and come out of retirement the next year."
"If we were forced to change our mind about that, I can only imagine the reason being if we went bankrupt or really needed the cash, which would be a really sad thing," he continued. "I would probably be issuing an apology along with the announcement of the show dates."
Jack White is set to release his debut solo album Blunderbluss on April 24 via Third Man Records and will kick off a US tour on May 15 in Nashville, Tenn.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Spooky Shocker
- This Is What 'Forrest Gump' Would Look Like If Wes Anderson Directed It (VIDEO)
- Lupita Nyong'o & Scarlett Johansson Lend Their Voices to 'The Jungle Book'
- The Third 'Hobbit' Movie Has a New Subtitle: 'The Battle of the Five Armies'