Whitney Houston's Final Performance Teased in 'Sparkle' Trailer (Video)
Cee-Lo Green’s rendition of "I’m a Man” serves as a backdrop for a quick look at the late singer's role in the film.
A well-coiffed Cee-Lo Green is the focus of the latest Sparkle trailer, but the latest glimpse of Whitney Houston’s final big screen performance may be the reason to watch.
The trailer teases footage of Houston’s character—a former singing star—performing in a church choir, while Green sings "I’m a Man."
The Sony film, which hits theaters Aug. 17, features Houston as a single mother of a promising singer, Sparkle, played by Jordin Sparks, and two other daughters. Though the girls are the ones who try to make it big as a singing group, Houston will get her own time to shine, when she sing's the gospel song "His Eye Is on the Sparrow.”
A previous Sparkle trailer included a short audio excerpt of Houston’s vocal performance in the film. The late singer served as an exec producer on the Sony Pictures movie.
She died in February, the victim of an accidental drowning in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton.
Watch the video below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!