Will Ferrell's Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet for 'Anchorman 2' Track (Audio)
The fake newsman recruited the "Blurred Lines" singer to cover Christopher Cross' "Ride Like the Wind" for the Paramount sequel's soundtrack.
Who better to partner with Will Ferrell's Ron Burgundy for a silky, seductive Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues song than Robin Thicke? The fictional newscaster called on the "Blurred Lines" singer to put his upper register on Christopher Cross' "Ride Like the Wind" for the sequel's upcoming soundtrack.
Thicke may be singing tirelessly high throughout the cover, but it's fair to call the track a duet, since Burgundy complements the singer's verses with grunts, operatic riffs and hilarious asides: When Thicke sings "I was born the son of a lawless man," Burgundy asks, "You mean Alan Thicke?"
Plus, Burgundy kicks off the song with a lengthy introduction: "Mr. Robin Thicke...any minute now...allright...here we go...take it away," and clarifies, "You're riding like the wind, for those who don't know."
But after Burgundy's spoken bridge ("That's right, folks. When Ron Burgundy rides, he rides like the wind -- not like a Subaru or a golf cart, like the God darn wind, powerful and sleek and invisible. Feel that draft up your skirt, ladies? That's me. Okay, that was creepy, I'm sorry") and a flute interlude that he calls "three feet of polished nickel, valves and my sweet breath," the newscaster stars to get competitive with Thicke and questions his musicality.
It may not be the most harmonious relationship, as only one of the two make it to the very end of the six-minute track. Reports say an accompanying music video is also in the works.
Listen to the full track below:
What do you think about the Burgundy and Thicke's cover of "Ride Like the Wind" for Anchorman 2? Sound off in the comments below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay