'X Factor' Alum Beatrice Miller Inks Record Deal
The Maplewood, NJ teen is the first signing to the Hollywood/Syco Records collaborative arrangement.
The last time fans of The X Factor saw Beatrice Miller, the 14-year-old singer was in tears as she was eliminated on Thanksgiving night.
Five months later, the Maplewood, N.J. teen has turned that frown upside down with the announcement that she has signed a deal with Hollywood/Syco Records.
Miller, who competed in the teens category under the tutelage of mentor Britney Spears, is the first signing to the Hollywood/Syco Records collaborative arrangement, said Ken Bunt, president, Disney Music Group and Phil McIntyre, Head of Syco Music North America, SYCO USA in a news release.
“Syco, along with the creators of The X Factor franchise, have cultivated some of the industry’s leading talent,” Bunt said. “We are thrilled about the opportunity to contribute the unique resources we have at Hollywood Records and Disney to showcase Beatrice’s incredible talent.”
The season two alum is managed by Constance Schwartz and Mark Sudack for SMAC Entertainment.
Pictured below (from left): Phil McIntyre, SYCO USA President of Talent; Ken Bunt Disney Music Group President; Beatrice Miller; Simon Cowell; Mio Vukovic, Disney Music Group SVP, A&R and Creative.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch