'X Factor's' Josh Krajcik Working With Adele's Producer on Debut Album
While a label designation has yet to be announced, insiders tell THR that the former burrito slinger does have a deal in place with Sony Music.
X Factor runner-up Josh Krajcik is well on his way to a major label debut.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the former burrito slinger is in the studio with British producer and two-time Ivor Novello Award recipient Eg White, best known for producing Adele’s breakout hit “Chasing Pavements.” White also has Simon Cowell cred, having worked extensively with original Pop Idol winner Will Young (American Idol fans may recall Young’s season 9 send-off song “Leave Right Now,” also produced by White).
While Krajcik’s label designation has yet to be announced, the Ohio native does have a deal in place with Sony Music, says a show insider, who adds that the X Factor finalist is also writing and recording with a number of other producers.
Other season 1 graduates who’ve locked down label deals at Sony include Rachel Crow, Chris Rene, Astro, Marcus Canty and, of course, winner Melanie Amaro who also pocketed a $5 million prize.
X Factor’s second season is about to get its official kick-off when online auditions begin on March 1.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- 16 'New Girl' Facts That'll Make You Love It Even More
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'