'X Factor's' Josh Krajcik Working With Adele's Producer on Debut Album
While a label designation has yet to be announced, insiders tell THR that the former burrito slinger does have a deal in place with Sony Music.
X Factor runner-up Josh Krajcik is well on his way to a major label debut.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the former burrito slinger is in the studio with British producer and two-time Ivor Novello Award recipient Eg White, best known for producing Adele’s breakout hit “Chasing Pavements.” White also has Simon Cowell cred, having worked extensively with original Pop Idol winner Will Young (American Idol fans may recall Young’s season 9 send-off song “Leave Right Now,” also produced by White).
While Krajcik’s label designation has yet to be announced, the Ohio native does have a deal in place with Sony Music, says a show insider, who adds that the X Factor finalist is also writing and recording with a number of other producers.
Other season 1 graduates who’ve locked down label deals at Sony include Rachel Crow, Chris Rene, Astro, Marcus Canty and, of course, winner Melanie Amaro who also pocketed a $5 million prize.
X Factor’s second season is about to get its official kick-off when online auditions begin on March 1.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'