'X Factor's' Emblem3 Cover Daft Punk (Video)
The trio are set to release their debut album, "Nothing to Lose," on July 30.
X Factor season two alums Emblem3 love to harmonize, and they showed off those skills with a cover of Daft Punk featuring Pharrell's summer hit, "Get Lucky."
The California trio of Wesley Stromberg, 19, Keaton Stromberg, 16, and Drew Chadwick, 20, are joined by another guitarist as they perform the song seated on a couch. Chadwick, who admitted on X Factor that playing guitar is his "happy place," looks at peace as he shows off his flavorful acoustic stylings while taking lead vocals. Wesley keeps the beat with hand claps and knee slaps and Keaton continues to prove to be the Huntington Beach band's secret weapon with his harmonies.
The boys are having a good summer. Their debut single on Columbia Records, "Chloe (You're The One I Want)," currently sits at the No. 35 position on the Billboard Mainstream Top 40 airplay chart. At a recent tour stop in Trenton, N.J., on a bill with Carly Rae Jepsen, Jason Derulo, Cher Lloyd, and Hot Chelle Rae, the group elicited huge screams from the crowd as they asked the fans to sing along with the track.
The group, who will join Selena Gomez for her Stars Dance tour kicking off Aug. 14 in Vancouver, B.C., will release their debut CD, "Nothing to Lose," on July 30.
Super producer/songwriter Savan Kotecha, named by The Hollywood Reporter as one of the industry's biggest hitmakers and the man behind One Direction's rapid rise to the top, executive produced the album through his Mr. Kanani imprint. Kotecha shares a writing credit with Emblem3, Kool Kojak and Peter Svensson on "Chloe."
Watch the clip below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Lupita Nyong'o & Scarlett Johansson Lend Their Voices to 'The Jungle Book'
- The Third 'Hobbit' Movie Has a New Subtitle: 'The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Jared Harris on 'The Quiet Ones,' His 'Mad Men' Death, and Replacing Daniel Day-Lewis
- Romantic Movie Mistakes: 7 Blunders That Will Break Your Heart (PHOTOS)
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!