Late Night Music: Yeah Yeah Yeahs Rock 'Letterman', Cat Power Plays 'Fallon'
Karen O and Chan Marshall performed on Friday night's shows.
Late night television was good a place to tune in for indie-rock fans on Friday night.
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs arrived on the Late Show with David Letterman to play "Sacrilege," the first single off their forthcoming album, Mosquito. Singer Karen O belted out the song's chorus and was joined by the Broadway Inspirational Voices during the bridge.
Meanwhile, on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Cat Power's Chan Marshall showcased "Manhattan" from last year's Sun, her ninth album. The track, which also got a new music video this week, featured backing by The Root's Questlove. "We love her," the late night host said in his introduction.
Watch Cat Power's performance below and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on the Late Show website here:
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Toronto Film Festival 2014: Big Movies, Lineup Announced
- How Will 'Sons of Anarchy' End? Even Showrunner Kurt Sutter Isn't Sure
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)