Eminem Named Artist of the Year at First YouTube Music Awards
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis also were among the winners at the inaugural awards show, held on Sunday in New York.
Eminem was named the artist of the year at the inaugural YouTube Music Awards, held on Sunday in New York.
The honor comes only days before the release of his eighth studio album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Eminem also was the musical guest on this weekend's Saturday Night Live.
Meanwhile, "I Got a Boy" from Girls' Generation won the award for video of the year. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis also were among the night's winners, taking home the breakthrough award.
Jason Schwartzman and comedian Reggie Watts co-hosted the webcast, while Spike Jonze oversaw the creative direction of the show.
A complete list of winners follows:
Artist of the Year
Video of the Year
“I Got A Boy,” Girls’ Generation
Response of the Year
Lindsey Stirling & Pentatonix, “Radioactive”
“I Knew You Were Trouble”
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Innovation of the Year
DeStorm, “See Me Standing”
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)