Eminem Named Artist of the Year at First YouTube Music Awards
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis also were among the winners at the inaugural awards show, held on Sunday in New York.
Eminem was named the artist of the year at the inaugural YouTube Music Awards, held on Sunday in New York.
The honor comes only days before the release of his eighth studio album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Eminem also was the musical guest on this weekend's Saturday Night Live.
Meanwhile, "I Got a Boy" from Girls' Generation won the award for video of the year. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis also were among the night's winners, taking home the breakthrough award.
Jason Schwartzman and comedian Reggie Watts co-hosted the webcast, while Spike Jonze oversaw the creative direction of the show.
A complete list of winners follows:
Artist of the Year
Video of the Year
“I Got A Boy,” Girls’ Generation
Response of the Year
Lindsey Stirling & Pentatonix, “Radioactive”
“I Knew You Were Trouble”
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Innovation of the Year
DeStorm, “See Me Standing”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'