Zac Brown Band Curates Music Festival for Foodies, Shares Secret Biscuit Pudding Recipe
The Grammy-winning group hosts "Southern Ground Music & Food Festival" in Charleston this weekend. On the bill: The Avett Brothers, Grace Potter, a special appearance by John Mayer and delectable offerings from executive chef Rusty Hamlin.
The members of Zac Brown Band are putting their music where many, many mouths are. The country group is hosting the second “Southern Ground Music & Food Festival” this weekend in Charleston, South Carolina.
Fully curated by the band -- from appetizers to entrees, and openers to headliners -- fans will be able to sample scores of fine food offerings all while taking in tunes by The Avett Brothers, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Michael Franti & Spearhead, The Wailers and Los Lonely Boys, among others (Gregg Allman and John Mayer are scheduled for sit-in slots). Some 15,000 turned out for the Nashville version in September, which featured performances by Amos Lee, David Gray and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.
ZBB’s own chef Rusty Hamlin oversees the equally impressive edible portion of the production, and in a special preview for THR, has offered up his recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscuit Pudding. Do try this at home, and perhaps pair it with “Chicken Fried?”
Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscuit Pudding (Serves 4)
8 Lg. Homemade Biscuits
1&1/2 cup. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup. Half and Half
3 cups White Sugar (reserve 1 cup to sprinkle on top before cooking)
2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 each Eggs
4 tbs. Melted Butter
1 cup Peanut Butter
JD Honey Sauce:
12 oz. Condensed Milk
4 oz. Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey
1/2 tbsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
1. Crumble homemade biscuits leaving medium sized chunks in a large mixing bowl
2. Beat eggs and both creams together and add to biscuit mix
3. Add remaining ingredients for the pudding and mix well.
(TIP: biscuit size and weights may vary. The pudding Mix before baking should be chunky enough to hold the chocolate chips but moist enough to take form to the pan. If it is too dry add more half and half, if it is too runny add more biscuits)
4. Place in a 9 inch/ 13 inch baking dish and top with remaining sugar
5. Bake at 400 deg covered for 45 mins to 1 hour, middle should be firm and not runny
6. Then bake uncovered for 10-20 min to brown the top.
7. While pudding is baking prepare the JD Honey sauce by adding all ingredients and warm.
8. Ladle JD Honey sauce atop before serving and garnish with any of the following: Any fresh berries, Vanilla ice cream, Caramel sauce, Crème fresh or bananas
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Jennifer Lawrence & Chris Martin Keep Close After Private Plane Ride Together - See the Pics!
- Meghan Trainor is Thankful to Say Something Meaningful, But She's Not a Feminist
- Connie Britton & Edward Norton Show Their Support at United Nations Equator Prize Gala 2014
- Courteney Cox Talks 'Friends' 20th Anniversary, Tells Her Engagement Story!