Fifty Shades of Grey Lingerie, Perfume, Other Products Coming
Author E. L. James signs up marketer to develop a worldwide brand of book spinoffs ranging from apparel to adult products.
First there was the book. Then there was the big movie deal. Is the world ready for Fifty Shades of Grey lingerie and perfume next?
Fifty Shades author E.L. James and her agent Val Hoskins selected UK-based Caroline Mickler Ltd. to be the global licensing agent for merchandise based on the best-selling trilogy.
Mickler is considering Fifty Shades-based lingerie/sleepwear, apparel, fragrances, beauty products, bedding, home furnishings, and stationery, jewelry and adult products aimed at adult women.
In a statement Mickler said, "The market's interest in Fifty Shades of Grey as a brand is enormous. … We expect this property to make a very strong showing." Hoskins added that this was the first step in developing Fifty Shades into a worldwide brand.
Specific products were not announced. Mickler will be at Las Vegas' Licensing Expo (6/12-6/14) and at London's Brand Licensing Europe 2012 (10/16-10/18) meeting with potential licensees.
The trilogy tell the story of Anastasia, a virgin college student who gets involved in a romantic relationship with the slightly older billionaire Christian Grey that involves S&M and bondage and grows in intensity over the three books.
Fifty Shades has become a publishing phenomenon, selling more than 13 million copies in the U.S. Universal. Focus Features paid $5 million for movie rights in a bidding war earlier this year.
Follow Fash Track
- Watch Rory (Christiane) Aman-Pour It Up With Michelle Obama In 'Gilmore Girls' Teaser
- "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow-"I Like To Think Of Myself As The Greek Chorus"
- Here's How Jay Z Is Celebrating The 20th Anniversary Of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- Top Chef Fan Favorite, Fabio Viviani on What NOT To Do When Cooking Pasta
- Former Hills Star Audrina Patridge Gives Birth to Daughter
- Master of None’s Shoukath Ansari on Auditioning Against 18 Actors to Play Himself, Selfie Requests, and Donald Trump
- Here's the Naked-People-In-Bed Painting That Influenced Kanye's 'Famous' Video
- Rory Gilmore Visited Michelle Obama at the White House, and You Just Know They Talked About Books