Kim Kardashian's Fur Use Targeted With PETA Billboard (Photo)
The animal rights organization says it will post the ad in Los Angeles in early-December.
With the fallout from her quickie divorce, a proposed boycott of her family’s E! shows, and criticism over her casting in Tyler Perry’s The Marriage Counselor, Kim Kardashian doesn’t need more criticism right now. But, she’s about to get some. Add animal activists to her growing list of critics.
PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) announced its plans on Thursday to erect a billboard admonishing Kardashian’s wearing of fur. It is scheduled to go up in Los Angeles at the corner of Beverly Boulevard and Sweetzer Avenue – "just in time for the busy holiday shopping season," the organization points out.
The art includes a photo of Kardashian sporting fur next to one of baby foxes and states, "Kim: These Babies Miss Their Mother. Is She on Your Back?"
"Kim knows that animals on fur farms are beaten, electrocuted, and often skinned alive. We've explained it to her, and she's watched a video exposé that was filmed inside fur farms," PETA SVP Lisa Lange says. "When Kim is ready to put an end to her relationship with fur, PETA will be happy to take her discards and donate them to the homeless."
Kardashian’s decision to continue wearing fur after meeting with the organization may also cause some discord in the family. Sister Khloe Kardashian took part in PETA’s “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” campaign in 2008 and her decision to pose nude for the organization was captured on a 2009 episode of their E! reality show, Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Follow Fash Track
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Booty in Hilarious Made-at-Home Music Video for '7/11'
- Nina Dobrev Celebrates RH Atlanta's Gallery Opening
- Colin Farrell on Set of 'True Detective' Will Get You Pumped Up for the Second Season
- How To Get Away With Murder's Karla Souza & Katie Findlay Celebrate The Golden Globes