Kim Kardashian's Fur Use Targeted With PETA Billboard (Photo)
The animal rights organization says it will post the ad in Los Angeles in early-December.
With the fallout from her quickie divorce, a proposed boycott of her family’s E! shows, and criticism over her casting in Tyler Perry’s The Marriage Counselor, Kim Kardashian doesn’t need more criticism right now. But, she’s about to get some. Add animal activists to her growing list of critics.
PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) announced its plans on Thursday to erect a billboard admonishing Kardashian’s wearing of fur. It is scheduled to go up in Los Angeles at the corner of Beverly Boulevard and Sweetzer Avenue – "just in time for the busy holiday shopping season," the organization points out.
The art includes a photo of Kardashian sporting fur next to one of baby foxes and states, "Kim: These Babies Miss Their Mother. Is She on Your Back?"
"Kim knows that animals on fur farms are beaten, electrocuted, and often skinned alive. We've explained it to her, and she's watched a video exposé that was filmed inside fur farms," PETA SVP Lisa Lange says. "When Kim is ready to put an end to her relationship with fur, PETA will be happy to take her discards and donate them to the homeless."
Kardashian’s decision to continue wearing fur after meeting with the organization may also cause some discord in the family. Sister Khloe Kardashian took part in PETA’s “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” campaign in 2008 and her decision to pose nude for the organization was captured on a 2009 episode of their E! reality show, Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Follow Fash Track
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!