Limited Edition Kardashian Barbie Dolls Set for 2012 Release (Report)
The reality star sisters, Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney, may be immortalized with their own line of dolls.
Reality shows, fragrances, clothing lines, and a possible magazine are just some of the products coming out of the multi-million dollar Kardashian franchise. But, now the gals are setting their sights on their own iconic dolls?
Fans first began picking up on apparent clues from Kim herself, who apparently can’t keep anything under wraps. On Christmas, she began tweeting with the official Barbie Twitter account.
“Merry Christmas Barbs @BarbieStyle!" she writes. "Long time no see! What did Ken get you for Christmas? Miss you doll!”
“I'm sure we will be seeing lots of each other!" she also writes. "Shopping soon!Xo RT @BarbieStyle: Happy Doll-idays to you too @KimKardashian! See you in 2012?”
But, the fans may have been right about the possible dolls. According to an E!Online source, Kim, Khloe and Kourtney dolls are coming our way. But, you may have to act fast if you’d like one or you’d like to introduce that young girl in your life to the trashtastic, I mean glamorous, world of the Kardashian sisters. The limited edition dolls are expected to release later this year and they’ll be available where all Barbie dolls are sold.
How does this tie in to the Kardashian franchise (other than being accused of being plastic, of course)? The sisters like to refer to their fans and the employees at their Dash retail stores as “Dash Dolls,” and the source says the mini Kardashians will be outfitted with clothes available at their shops.
Mattel, the makers of Barbie, tells the site that it doesn’t discuss product rumors. And Kim’s publicist did not immediately return THR’s request for comment or confirmation of the report.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Follow Fash Track
- Gabrielle Union Says 'The World Isn't Going To End' If We See More Diversity In Women On TV
- Shantel VanSanten Lounges Poolside In A Cutout Swimsuit For Maxim
- Jimmy Kimmel Proves People Can't Tell The Difference Between Cold-Pressed Juice And Tang
- David Oyelowo Comes To Benedict Cumberbatch's Defense Over 'Colored' Comment
- Channing Tatum Carries Mila Kunis Away in New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer (Exclusive)
- Brie Larson & Rosemarie DeWitt Are 'Digging For Fire' at Sundance!
- Tye Sheridan & Olivia Thirlby Premiere 'Stanford Prison Experiment' at Sundance 2015
- Patrick J. Adams Opens Up About Fiance Troian Bellisario's Guest-Starring Role on 'Suits' (JJ Interview)