Style Network Sets Weeklong Coverage of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
The channel and its website will feature a slew of fashion-themed programming, including reports from the New York runways, from Sept. 6-14.
Style Media, which includes the Style network and myStyle.com, has scheduled a weeklong marathon of fashion-themed programming and coverage from Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.
From Sept. 6-14, the network and website will air various shortform content, specials, countdowns and fashion-themed marathons of Gossip Girl and Sex and the City, among other acquired series, to celebrate the spring 2013 collections. In addition, fashion guru Jeannie Mai and Marie Claire senior fashion editor Zanna Roberts Rassi will reprise their roles as hosts, reporting from the runways each night.
The special programming kicks off at 8 p.m. Sept. 6, with the launch of StyleCandy's Trend of the Day vignettes. At 8 p.m. Sept. 10 comes the premiere of Making a Model: 28th Elite Model Look, a one-hour special from Momentum Entertainment Group that follows the transformations of young women as they compete to be the new face of Elite Modeling.
Set to air Sept. 10-13 at midnight are four special episodes of State of Style, produced by Barracuda Film & TV, which offers an exclusive look into the fashion world, showcasing trend-setting designers and the latest runway styles. The half-hour episodes will include interviews with Betsey Johnson, Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger and Patricia Field as well as a peek into collections from Marc Jacobs, Zac Posen and Lacoste.
Mai also will host the countdown special The Style List: Fall’s Top Ten Trends, set to air at 8 p.m. Sept. 11.
Additionally, Style will air fashion-themed episodes of Gossip Girl and marathons of Sex and the City, America’s Next Top Model and Project Runway throughout the week.
The coverage will culminate with coverage of the ninth annual Style Awards, which take place Sept. 5 at Lincoln Center and will air exclusively on Style at 8 p.m. Sept. 14. Mai and Harper's Bazaar editor-at-large Derek Blasberg will provide commentary from the red carpet. The telecast will be produced by Sunset Lane Productions, with Salli Frattini (MTV's Video Music Awards) executive producing.
Meanwhile, myStyle.com will feature video streams of various runway shows, detailed blogs, expert commentary and photo galleries.
Follow Fash Track
- The Cast Of 'Scandal' Looked Perfectly At Home In The Real White House
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Female Filmmakers Have it Just as Rough in Europe as They Do in Hollywood
- Captain America Brings Freedom To Foreign Lands With $200 Million Overseas Opening
- Mads Mikkelsen Wants to See Hannibal Return Just As Much As You Do
- Radiohead Erases All Social Media and Their Website Has Faded to White; Is This an Anti-Viral Marketing Campaign?