Natalie Portman's Jeweler 'Can't Confirm or Deny' the Actress' Reported Marriage
After reports surfaced that Jamie Wolf confirmed the star and her fiancé's Oscar baubles were "wedding rings," the designer tells THR differently.
Did Natalie Portman and beau Benjamin Millepied mean to announce that they have been married by wearing their wedding rings on Sunday’s Oscar red carpet?
Jeweler Jamie Wolf apparently made it sound as if the couple did, according to People Magazine. Wolf, who is also one of Millepied’s dancer friends, reportedly described the rings as “wedding rings” in a release. It described Portman’s two rings were designed to sit on both sides of her engagement ring while Millepied wears a platinum band.
The Hollywood Reporter contacted Wolf’s reps and they confirm that the couple’s rings are eco-friendly -- made of recycled platinum and conflict-free diamonds.
But, were the rings meant to announce that the couple’s nuptials have already occurred? Wolf seems to have backed off from any earlier statements that suggested they were.
“I can neither confirm nor deny the marriage of Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied as that is not information I am privy to,” Wolf tells THR in a statement. “I designed rings for the couple and cannot attach meaning to those items.”
Portman’s manager did not immediately return THR’s request for confirmation or comment on the marriage reports.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Follow Fash Track
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)