Robert Pattinson Steps Out at 'Cosmopolis' New York Premiere
The actor, who also taped “The Daily Show” on Monday, made his first public appearance since longtime girlfriend Kristen Stewart admitted to cheating.
As promised, Robert Pattinson has emerged from hiding to promote his new film at its New York premiere.
The actor hit the Cosmopolis red carpet in a blue Gucci suit, appearing to smile and laugh while speaking with entertainment news programs Entertainment Tonight, Extra and Access Hollywood. Pattinson donned his signature scruff with his hair slicked up and away from his face at the Museum of Modern Art screening.
As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, Pattinson has developed a strong relationship with the Italian design house since his character in the film, Eric Parker, is dressed in a Gucci suit throughout the film. While he dons a classic black two button notch lapel Signoria suit in Cosmopolis, Pattinson opted for a more casual look on Monday in a blue suit with a navy undershirt and skinny black tie, along with shiny black shoes to complete the ensemble.
The Gucci name was also featured prominently on the red carpet backdrop.
While in New York, Pattinson has a variety of media appearances on the books. Prior to his film’s premiere, the actor chatted with Jon Stewart on The Daily Show (video from which will be made available following the Monday night broadcast). On Wednesday, he will give a live interview on Good Morning America and on Thursday, he will sit down with MTV for a 30-minute interview to debut a new clip from Cosmopolis.
It had been speculated that Pattinson would back out of film promotions following longtime girlfriend Kristen Stewart’s shocking confession that she had engaged in an affair with her Snow White and the Huntsman director, Rupert Sanders. Since then, Pattinson reportedly left the home that the couple shared in Los Angeles and took up temporary residence at pal Reese Witherspoon’s Ojai vacation home. While Pattinson had reportedly been spotted drinking with friends at a local bar, the Cosmopolis premiere marks his first public outing since the scandal.
It remains to be seen whether he will address the situation at any of his upcoming appearances.
Follow Fash Track
- The Cannes Diaries 2015: Aishwarya, Hitchcock, Heelgate and Wajib
- Jane Fonda Discusses Why She Thought Warren Beatty Was Gay In W Magazine Interview
- "Valley of Love" at Cannes: Isabelle Huppert and Gerard Depardieu Summoned to Californian Desert by Dead Son
- B.B. King Viewing Draws More Than 1,000 In Las Vegas
- Johnny Depp Transforms into Whitey Bulgar in 'Black Mass' Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- John Stamos Releases Statement on Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Not Returning For 'Full House' Revival
- Dakota Fanning Dealt With Inappropriate Questions During Childhood
- Orange is the New Black's Dascha Polanco Opens Up on Battling Depression