Seth MacFarlane Reveals Gucci Will Dress Him to Host the Oscars
The "Family Guy" creator let it slip at a Globes after-party that he is working with the prestigious Italian fashion house for his Oscar wardrobe.
Seth MacFarlane, 39, is known for many things.
1. Having won two Emmy Awards.
2. Being a successful comedian, animator, screenwriter, producer, actor, voice actor and composer.
3. Being the comic genius behind Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show.
One thing he’s not particularly well-known for is his designer wardrobe. We'd be hard-pressed to find a single fashion credit for MacFarlane online. But the Oscars are about to change all that.
Fash Track overheard MacFarlane at the HBO Post-Globe Party in the Beverly Hilton telling a friend that Gucci is handling his Oscar apparel.
We don’t know if there will be multiple outfit changes -- a la Anne Hathaway's multiple gowns in 2011 -- or whether there will be only two Giorgio Armani tuxes, like host Billy Crystal (although we have a feeling the dapper MacFarlane will top that).
MacFarlane won't be the only one in Gucci. Some of the hottest actors, including Javier Bardem, James Franco and Brad Pitt are big Gucci fans. Ben Affleck, Robert Pattinson and Ryan Gosling all wore Gucci to the Golden Globes last Sunday.
So far, there is no confirmation from Gucci. But can you blame them for not wanting to spoil the big surprise?
For the first time, The Hollywood Reporter will pay close attention to what MacFarlane wears. And not just because he’s dating Emilia Clarke, the Game of Thrones dragon-loving, silver-tressed Daenerys Targaryen, Queen of the Dothraki.
And we won't be the only ones watching. Ad Age reports that ABC is getting much more money from advertisers this year than they did for last year’s Billy Crystal show. One exec said, "We haven’t been this well sold, this early, in over a decade. “
Looks like Gucci has really lined up a menswear winner.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Fash Track
- American Horror Story’s Gabourey Sidibe on Queenie’s Fate, Twerking on Kathy Bates, and Sundance Perks
- Ryan Murphy Talks Self-Policing, Jessica Lange’s Exit, and What’s Next on American Horror Story: Coven
- FX Orders Middle Eastern Political Drama Tyrant
- Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side