'SNL' Mocks Brad Pitt's Chanel No. 5 Ad (Video)
"Is there really no script, because I’ve been talking to myself for two hours straight. I’m starting to sound insane," the Pitt impersonator says in one of the spoofs.
Everyone from Conan O'Brien to Leif Garrett has spoofed Brad Pitt's strange ads for Chanel No. 5 -- and we would be disappointed if Saturday Night Live didn't join the fray.
Indeed, NBC's sketch-comedy show parodied the much-maligned commercials in a series of ads on its Saturday night broadcast.
“Is there really no script, because I’ve been talking to myself for two hours straight. I’m starting to sound insane,” the Pitt impersonate says in one ad, after speaking nonsense for a while.
In another, he praises Taco Bell, and later promotes dog condoms for people who don’t want to neuter their pooches.
The black-and-white ad debuted just over a week ago but has already sparked numerous spoofs around the web. The ad, shot by Golden Globe nominated-director Joe Wright, shows the actor as he delivers an earnest monologue complete with several dramatic pauses.
"It's not a journey. Every journey ends but we go on," he says. "The world turns and we turn with it. Plans disappear. Dreams take over. But wherever I go, there you are. My luck, my fate, my fortune."
O'Brien's spoof ended with a spokeswoman’s voice saying, “Brad Pitt’s nonsensical ramblings by Chanel.”
Garrett's, meanwhile, included a quip about the band Journey.
Watch the three SNL spots below.
Follow Fash Track
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'