1960s 'Batman' TV Show Finally Coming to DVD, Blu-ray
The television classic that propelled Adam West -- and Batman himself -- into superstardom will get a home release in a Complete Series Box Set later this year.
For years, it's been one of the great lost TV shows when it comes to home release, but finally the 1966 Batman TV series will be released as a complete box set later this year.
The news broke, unusually, via Conan O'Brien's Twitter feed, with the news being confirmed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment soon afterwards.
— Conan O'Brien (@ConanOBrien) January 15, 2014
Although the release has been long-awaited by fans, the timing of this announcement is rather apt. 2014 sees the 75th anniversary of the DC Entertainment superhero, and the TV incarnation of the property has been undergoing a quiet renaissance recently, with DC releasing both a digital comic series, but also a range of collectible toys based on the series over the last few months. This announcement simply underscores a focus on Batman as a franchise, and the 1960s TV series as a potentially lucrative piece of said franchise.
More information on the box set will be released soon, according to Warner Bros.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!