1960s 'Batman' TV Show Finally Coming to DVD, Blu-ray
The television classic that propelled Adam West -- and Batman himself -- into superstardom will get a home release in a Complete Series Box Set later this year.
For years, it's been one of the great lost TV shows when it comes to home release, but finally the 1966 Batman TV series will be released as a complete box set later this year.
The news broke, unusually, via Conan O'Brien's Twitter feed, with the news being confirmed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment soon afterwards.
— Conan O'Brien (@ConanOBrien) January 15, 2014
Although the release has been long-awaited by fans, the timing of this announcement is rather apt. 2014 sees the 75th anniversary of the DC Entertainment superhero, and the TV incarnation of the property has been undergoing a quiet renaissance recently, with DC releasing both a digital comic series, but also a range of collectible toys based on the series over the last few months. This announcement simply underscores a focus on Batman as a franchise, and the 1960s TV series as a potentially lucrative piece of said franchise.
More information on the box set will be released soon, according to Warner Bros.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR