'47 Ronin' Character Posters Feature Samurai Keanu Reeves
"The Matrix" actor will play one of the legendary Japanese warriors in the Universal adventure film, due out Christmas Day.
Four character posters for Universal's samurai epic 47 Ronin have been released.
The dramatic images are labeled Outcast, Warrior, Freak and Witch.
Carl Rinsch, in his feature-film debut, directed the adventure-fantasy that stars Keanu Reeves as Kai, a half-Japanese, half-British samurai who joins a group of outcast samurai to seek vengeance upon a treacherous overlord who killed their master. The film is a fictionalized account of the true forty-seven Ronin tale but will feature fantastical elements including sorcery and witches.
47 Ronin is set to be released on Christmas Day after being bumped twice by Universal. The project began filming in spring 2011.
Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine), Kou Shibasaki, Tadanobu Asano (Thor) and Rinko Kikuchi (Pacific Rim) also star in the pic.
See the four new character posters below.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!