'47 Ronin' Character Posters Feature Samurai Keanu Reeves
"The Matrix" actor will play one of the legendary Japanese warriors in the Universal adventure film, due out Christmas Day.
Four character posters for Universal's samurai epic 47 Ronin have been released.
The dramatic images are labeled Outcast, Warrior, Freak and Witch.
Carl Rinsch, in his feature-film debut, directed the adventure-fantasy that stars Keanu Reeves as Kai, a half-Japanese, half-British samurai who joins a group of outcast samurai to seek vengeance upon a treacherous overlord who killed their master. The film is a fictionalized account of the true forty-seven Ronin tale but will feature fantastical elements including sorcery and witches.
47 Ronin is set to be released on Christmas Day after being bumped twice by Universal. The project began filming in spring 2011.
Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine), Kou Shibasaki, Tadanobu Asano (Thor) and Rinko Kikuchi (Pacific Rim) also star in the pic.
See the four new character posters below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR