'47 Ronin' Character Posters Feature Samurai Keanu Reeves
"The Matrix" actor will play one of the legendary Japanese warriors in the Universal adventure film, due out Christmas Day.
Four character posters for Universal's samurai epic 47 Ronin have been released.
The dramatic images are labeled Outcast, Warrior, Freak and Witch.
Carl Rinsch, in his feature-film debut, directed the adventure-fantasy that stars Keanu Reeves as Kai, a half-Japanese, half-British samurai who joins a group of outcast samurai to seek vengeance upon a treacherous overlord who killed their master. The film is a fictionalized account of the true forty-seven Ronin tale but will feature fantastical elements including sorcery and witches.
47 Ronin is set to be released on Christmas Day after being bumped twice by Universal. The project began filming in spring 2011.
Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine), Kou Shibasaki, Tadanobu Asano (Thor) and Rinko Kikuchi (Pacific Rim) also star in the pic.
See the four new character posters below.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- The Fantastic Four Movie Seems Really Good All of a Sudden
- Vacation’s Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo to Reunite for a Pilot With a Very Silly Name
- Frozen Duo Writing a Song for Neil Patrick Harris to Sing at the Oscars
- Sundance: Watch Robert Redford and Nick Nolte Get Ready to Hike in A Walk in the Woods
- Behati Prinsloo, Karlie Kloss & the Angels Star in Victoria's Secret Super Bowl 2015 Commercial - Watch Now!
- Mandy Moore Hinted at the Ryan Adams Split Before News Broke
- Tom Cruise Allegedly Wiretapped Nicole Kidman's Phone & More Revelations From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Former Hollywood Executive Cindra Ladd Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape in Powerful Essay