Aaron Eckhart to Star in Microbudget Horror Thriller 'Incarnate'
Brad Peyton of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" fame will direct the film, which will shoot in November.
Coming off the $40 million opening of Insidious: Chapter 2, Blumhouse Productions is hoping to launch another horror series with Incarnate.
Aaron Eckhart is on board to star in the microbudget horror movie that will be directed by Brad Peyton, who last directed Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.
Ronnie Christensen wrote the script, which, according to Blumhouse, tells of "an unconventional exorcist who can tap into the subconscious of the possessed who meets his match when a 9-year-old boy is possessed by a demon from his past."
A November start in Los Angeles is being planned on the picture, which will be co-financed by Blumhouse and IM Global.
Blum is producing. Exec producing are Blumhouse’ Couper Samuelson as well as Stuart Ford, Charles Layton, Michael Seitzman, Trevor Engelson and Peyton.
Blumhouse International is overseeing foreign sales.
Eckhart (CAA, Hirsch Wallerstein) last starred in the surprise action hit Olympus Has Fallen and will next be seen topping I, Frankenstein, which will be released Jan. 24, 2014.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!