'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Trailer Hits (Video)
Twentieth Century Fox’s film follows the 16th president as he battles undead villains.
Honest Abe has some cold, hard truth to share with a whole bunch of vampires in the first trailer for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
Twentieth Century Fox released the first official trailer for the film based on Seth Grahame-Smith’s book by the same name.
Directed by Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted) and produced by Tim Burton, the film follows Abe Lincoln (Benjamin Walker), who is not only dealing with all the true-life problems of the Civil War, but also an increasing number of blood-hungry vampires.
The trailer starts out with a silhouette of a top-hat clad Lincoln standing in a forest. But then things get crazy. There’s fire, fighting and some sort of chase on top of a speeding train – which is rolling along on a burning bridge. Young Lincoln also seems to be quite handy with an axe, as emphasized by the last shot in the one minute, 20 second trailer.
A shot of a tombstone seems to emphasize the emotional tie that the 16th president has to the undead foe. The monsters are responsible for the death of his family members.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Dominic Cooper and Anthony Mackie also star. The Twentieth Century Fox film is scheduled for release on June 22, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For