ActionFest Brings 'Battle Royale' to North Carolina
"Never Back Down 2," "Fightville" and "Tomorrow, When the War Began" have also been added to the lineup.
The Asheville, N.C.-based ActionFest has added Never Back Down 2, Battle Royale, Fightville and Tomorrow, When the War Began to its feature-film lineup. The action-centric fest, now in its second year, will take place April 7-10.
Takeshi Miike’s 13 Assassins will close the festival Sunday, April 10. The world premiere of Jonathan English’s Ironclad was previously announced as the festival's opening-night film.
The Battle Royale screening is the controversial Japanese film's U.S. theatrical debut, while Tomorrow will have its North American premiere at ActionFest. Other films added to the program include Bail Enforcers, Bellflower, Films of Fury: The Kung Fu Movie Movie, The Heir Apparent: Largo Winch and Lonely Place to Die.
The jury for ActionFest 2 includes local radio personality Jay Deacon, action film blogger Katrina Hill, Alamo Drafthouse CEO Tim League, film critic Scott Weinberg and veteran stuntman Russell Towery.
The inaugural Action Producer of the Year Award will go to Ong Bak producer Sahamongkolfilm, founded by CEO Somsak Techaratanaprasert. Stuntman Buddy Joe Hooker will be given the 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR