Adam Driver to Play Villain in 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
J.J. Abrams is directing the new installment.
Girls star Adam Driver is in final negotiations to star as the villain in Star Wars: Episode VII.
Sources confirm to THR that Driver is nearing a deal for the undisclosed role.
The role may be the one that Michael Fassbender met for late last year and for which Joel Kinnaman may have tested, according to Star Wars sources.
There is a high level of secrecy surrounding the project, and insiders believe that most of the top casting is quite far along. (The secrecy on Star Wars rivals that of Warners' Batman-Superman movie, and it has created an intense fervor among those following it over even minute developments. Nondisclosure pacts and secret circles of trust are the order of the day for actors under consideration until there is a signed deal.)
The movie is due to start shooting in London in the spring, and some actors will be required to begin physical and Jedi training in advance of the shoot.
It's expected that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will return, although no official announcements have been made.
Disney and Lucasfilm, as per usual, had no comment.
Gersh-repped Driver, the male breakout star of HBO’s Girls, has been generating massive heat. The actor was circling a role in the Batman-Superman project and is finalizing a deal to star with Andrew Garfield in Martin Scorsese’s newest project, Silence.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!