Adam Sandler's Happy Madison Adapting 'Bad Toys II' (Exclusive)
Columbia and Sandler's production shingle develop big-screen adaptation of the hybrid animated-live-action short.
Columbia and Happy Madison, the production shingle run by Adam Sandler and Jack Giarraputo, are developing a big-screen adaptation of Bad Toys II, a hybrid animated-live-action short.
Daniel Brunet and Nicolas Douste, the French animators behind the short, will co-exec produce.
Using a combo of live-action, comic book panels and CG, the short is one destructive car chase that starts off with toys on a living room floor. Using Michael Bay-style editing and camera moves, the play is elevated to metal-crunching, tire-screeching, car-crashing levels seen in Bay’s own Bad Boys movies with two wise-cracking cops trying to catch a van of bad guys.
The movie hit the Net earlier this year.
Columbia's big-screen version will center on a grown man reconnecting with his youthful imagination through his son's toys, and his play turns into an homage to big-budget action films.
This isn’t the first time Sandler's company and Columbia tried to develop an Internet short. Happy Madisonis also working with the studio on Pixels, based on a short by Patrick Jean it picked up in 2010 and is being rewritten by Tim Dowling.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum