Adam Sandler's Happy Madison Adapting 'Bad Toys II' (Exclusive)
Columbia and Sandler's production shingle develop big-screen adaptation of the hybrid animated-live-action short.
Columbia and Happy Madison, the production shingle run by Adam Sandler and Jack Giarraputo, are developing a big-screen adaptation of Bad Toys II, a hybrid animated-live-action short.
Daniel Brunet and Nicolas Douste, the French animators behind the short, will co-exec produce.
Using a combo of live-action, comic book panels and CG, the short is one destructive car chase that starts off with toys on a living room floor. Using Michael Bay-style editing and camera moves, the play is elevated to metal-crunching, tire-screeching, car-crashing levels seen in Bay’s own Bad Boys movies with two wise-cracking cops trying to catch a van of bad guys.
The movie hit the Net earlier this year.
Columbia's big-screen version will center on a grown man reconnecting with his youthful imagination through his son's toys, and his play turns into an homage to big-budget action films.
This isn’t the first time Sandler's company and Columbia tried to develop an Internet short. Happy Madisonis also working with the studio on Pixels, based on a short by Patrick Jean it picked up in 2010 and is being rewritten by Tim Dowling.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'