'Adventures of Tintin' Coming to Blu-Ray and DVD March 13, Ti West's 'The Innkeepers' in April
The 3-disc set will include 90 minutes of extra features.
The Adventures of Tintin will hit Blu-ray and DVD March 13, Paramount Home Video announced today.
Tintin was a huge international hit ($295 million) but grossed almost $76 million domestically (worldwide cume was $371 million) due for the American audiences’ unfamiliarity with the comics strips featuring the intrepid reporter created by Herge.
The movie also split many members of awards voting groups who are still debating whether the motion capture movie directed by Steven Spielberg movie belongs in the animation category or elsewhere. And the visual effects contingent is even more messed up about it.
(For the record, it did win the PGA and the Golden Globe in the animation categories among its many nominations.)
The three-disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD combo pack ($44.99) and the two-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack ($39.99) come with 90 minutes of special features.
Paramount didn’t reveal the specifics of the extras but the titles speak for themselves: Toasting Tintin: Part 1, The Journey of Tintin, The World of Tintin, The Who’s Who of Tintin, Tintin: Conceptual Design, Tintin: In the Volume, Snowy: From Beginning to End, Animating Tintin, Tintin: The Score, Collecting Tintin, Toasting Tintin: Part 2.
Circle April 24 for the Blu-ray/DVD debut of The Innkeepers, the spooky thriller from rising horror director Ti West.
West is causing a great deal of excitement in horror circles for his slowburn then whammo! fright flicks such as House of the Devil and for being a fresh and original voice in the field.
The Innkeepers, which had a limited run in theatres earlier this month and is on VOD now, centers on two young employees of a one hundred year old inn that is shutting down. Two employees, played by Sara Paxton and Pat Healy, think the inn is haunted and seek to uncover some proof.
The extras will be minimal.
And in case you missed it, Tuesday was Valentine’s Day and what goodies did we see released? Paranormal Activity 3, zombie movie The Dead, and grindhouse flick in search of a drinking game Nude Nuns with Big Guns. The best of the bunch is the shamefully overlooked crime thriller Elite Squad: The Enemy Within.
Have fun watching.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!