AFM: Image Entertainment Picks Up 'Wolf Creek 2'
Greg Mclean co-wrote and directed the follow-up to his 2005 horror hit.
Image Entertainment has picked up all North American rights to Wolf Creek 2, the sequel to the 2005 Australian horror movie by Greg Mclean.
Mclean is back as co-writer and director, as is John Jarratt, the actor who plays psychopathic killer Mick Taylor, preying on the lost and the innocent in Australia's Outback. Shannon Ashlyn, Ryan Corr, and Phillipe Klaus co-star.
"Mick Taylor is one of the most sadistic characters I have seen onscreen, and the sequel does not disappoint -- it gets under the skin. We can't wait to show horror fans!" said Image's chief acquisition officer, Bill Bromiley.
The deal was made at AFM, and Image is planning a release in 2014.
Creek 2 premiered at this year's Venice International Film Festival, and Mclean has since signed with CAA.
Paradigm and Nelson David helped broker the deal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack