AFM: Image Entertainment Picks Up 'Wolf Creek 2'
Greg Mclean co-wrote and directed the follow-up to his 2005 horror hit.
Image Entertainment has picked up all North American rights to Wolf Creek 2, the sequel to the 2005 Australian horror movie by Greg Mclean.
Mclean is back as co-writer and director, as is John Jarratt, the actor who plays psychopathic killer Mick Taylor, preying on the lost and the innocent in Australia's Outback. Shannon Ashlyn, Ryan Corr, and Phillipe Klaus co-star.
"Mick Taylor is one of the most sadistic characters I have seen onscreen, and the sequel does not disappoint -- it gets under the skin. We can't wait to show horror fans!" said Image's chief acquisition officer, Bill Bromiley.
The deal was made at AFM, and Image is planning a release in 2014.
Creek 2 premiered at this year's Venice International Film Festival, and Mclean has since signed with CAA.
Paradigm and Nelson David helped broker the deal.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Sandra Bullock Celebrates Her 50th Birthday At Cowboy Bar In Wyoming
- Chadwick Boseman On James Brown: 'There Is A Certain Amount Of Cutthroat-ness To Him'
- Sharon Stone On Surviving Her Brain Aneurysm: 'I Was Burned To The Ground' (VIDEO)
- George R.R. Martin Says 'South Park' Got One Major Thing Wrong