AFM: Image Entertainment Picks Up 'Wolf Creek 2'
Greg Mclean co-wrote and directed the follow-up to his 2005 horror hit.
Image Entertainment has picked up all North American rights to Wolf Creek 2, the sequel to the 2005 Australian horror movie by Greg Mclean.
Mclean is back as co-writer and director, as is John Jarratt, the actor who plays psychopathic killer Mick Taylor, preying on the lost and the innocent in Australia's Outback. Shannon Ashlyn, Ryan Corr, and Phillipe Klaus co-star.
"Mick Taylor is one of the most sadistic characters I have seen onscreen, and the sequel does not disappoint -- it gets under the skin. We can't wait to show horror fans!" said Image's chief acquisition officer, Bill Bromiley.
The deal was made at AFM, and Image is planning a release in 2014.
Creek 2 premiered at this year's Venice International Film Festival, and Mclean has since signed with CAA.
Paradigm and Nelson David helped broker the deal.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak