'Agents of SHIELD' Casts Villain Blackout
Patrick Brennan will be a guest star in two episodes of the ABC show.
After casting a familiar comedic face as agent Eric Koenig and adding a "mysterious" cellist from agent Phil Coulson's past earlier this week, Agents of SHIELD is staffing up with a new villain.
Marvel has announced that Patrick Brennan, who portrayed Liam in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, has been added to the ABC show as Blackout -- a villain who energy force powers.
"This is the way they explained it to me: This guy, Marcus Daniels, a.k.a. Blackout, was shrouded in darkness, his soul, everything about him was shrouded in darkness until he comes across this Cello player," he said. "And the music was the only light that came into his soul, and it gave him hope and it gave him some sense of what light was."
At Paleyfest on March 23, exec producer Jeph Loeb, teased that an April 8 episode would feature a tie-in with Marvel's latest big screen title, Captain America: Winter Soldier. Last November, the show featured a tie-in with Thor: The Dark World.
The show returns to ABC on April 1.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration