'Dexter' Actress Joins MGM's 'Robocop' (Exclusive)
Aimee Garcia jumps aboard Jose Padilha's remake, which began shooting in Toronto last week.
Dexter actress Aimee Garcia has joined the cast of Robocop, the Joel Kinnaman-starring remake of the 1980s sci-fi movie.
Jose Padilha is directing the film, which began shooting in Toronto last week. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing.
Garcia will play a scientist who helps put together the Robocop with his creator, played by Gary Oldman.
Garcia is currently shooting her second season of Dexter, in which she plays Dexter’s nanny and the sister to Angel Batista (David Zayas). The show premieres its seventh season Sept. 30.
Garcia, repped Paradigm, Thruline and attorney Lev Ginsburg, is also recurring on Vegas, CBS’ new crime drama starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis, which premieres Sept. 25.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game