'Dexter' Actress Joins MGM's 'Robocop' (Exclusive)
Aimee Garcia jumps aboard Jose Padilha's remake, which began shooting in Toronto last week.
Dexter actress Aimee Garcia has joined the cast of Robocop, the Joel Kinnaman-starring remake of the 1980s sci-fi movie.
Jose Padilha is directing the film, which began shooting in Toronto last week. Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing.
Garcia will play a scientist who helps put together the Robocop with his creator, played by Gary Oldman.
Garcia is currently shooting her second season of Dexter, in which she plays Dexter’s nanny and the sister to Angel Batista (David Zayas). The show premieres its seventh season Sept. 30.
Garcia, repped Paradigm, Thruline and attorney Lev Ginsburg, is also recurring on Vegas, CBS’ new crime drama starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis, which premieres Sept. 25.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro