Alan Rickman Poses as Famed Club Owner on 'CBGB' Poster (Exclusive)
The actor plays Hilly Kristal in the film about the New York punk venue.
Alan Rickman is a man with a punk plan in the latest poster for CBGB that is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor plays CBGB owner Hilly Kristal, who during the late 1970s wanted to create a venue for country, bluegrass and blues music. When those acts became difficult to book, he shifted the club's focus to booking local groups.
CBGB closed in 2006, but not before launching the careers of Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads and the Ramones as well as helping to define New York's punk scene.
Randall Miller directed the film chronicling the famed club and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp at Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman. (THR debuted her character poster Monday.)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR