Alan Rickman Poses as Famed Club Owner on 'CBGB' Poster (Exclusive)
The actor plays Hilly Kristal in the film about the New York punk venue.
Alan Rickman is a man with a punk plan in the latest poster for CBGB that is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor plays CBGB owner Hilly Kristal, who during the late 1970s wanted to create a venue for country, bluegrass and blues music. When those acts became difficult to book, he shifted the club's focus to booking local groups.
CBGB closed in 2006, but not before launching the careers of Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads and the Ramones as well as helping to define New York's punk scene.
Randall Miller directed the film chronicling the famed club and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp at Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman. (THR debuted her character poster Monday.)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Kevin Feige On 'Ant-Man' Backlash: 'I Expected It'
- Yes, Even Rock Stars Like Dum Dum Girls Freak Out When They Meet Their Idols
- Ted Nugent Show Canceled After Native-American Tribe Hears About Rocker's 'Racist And Hate-Filled Remarks'
- Stephen Colbert Asks Nancy Pelosi If She Has Naked Pictures Of John Boehner