Alcon Picking Up David Twohy's 'The Leonardo Job'
Twohy is also attached to direct the action thriller.
A Perfect Getaway filmmaker David Twohy is setting up his newest project, The Leonardo Job, with Alcon Entertainment. The company is in final negotiations to pick up Twohy's screenplay as well as finance and produce the film with Twohy attached to direct.
The action thriller concerns the search for a lost Leonardo da Vinci painting in Florence by two rival thieves, as well as others looking to get their hands on it. Michael Nathanson, Joseph Farrell and Catherine Paura will produce along with Alcon co-founders and co-CEO’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson.
"The Leonardo Job is one of those movies with all the elements that make for an exciting and compelling entertainment worldwide,” said producers Nathanson, Farrell and Paura.
The ICM-repped Twohy co-wrote and directed Pitch Black and Below, and wrote and directed The Chronicles of Riddick. He has also co-written the screenplays for The Fugitive, Waterworld, Imposter and G.I. Jane.
Alcon recently financed and/or produced The Blind Side, The Book of Eli and Something Borrowed. The company’s next releases are the 3D family film Dolphin Tale, opening September 23, 2011, and the comedy Joyful Noise, opening January 13.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!