Anchor Bay Picks Up Alicia Silverstone-Krysten Ritter Movie 'Vamps'
The reunion between Silverstone and "Clueless" writer-director Amy Heckerling is being eyed for a Halloween release.
Anchor Bay Films has picked up all North American distribution rights to Vamps, a vampire satire from Amy Heckerling, the director best known for movies such as Clueless and Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
A theatrical release around Halloween is being eyed.
The movie, which contains elements of romance and fantasy, stars Alicia Silverstone and Krysten Ritter, who is getting much ink these days for her new TV show Don’t Trust the B--- in Apartment 23, as vampires (the movie uses the “policitally correct” term of Extended Life Forms) living the good life in New York City while attending their support group, Sanguines Anonymous. When love enters their lives, hard choices must be made.
Sigourney Weaver, Wallace Shawn, Justin Kirk and Richard Lewis are also among the cast. The movie was produced by Lauren Versel, Molly Hassell, Stuart Cornfeld and Maria Teresa Arida.
Cassian Elwes, Kevin Iwashima and Julie Kroll repped the filmmakers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR