Anchor Bay Picks Up Alicia Silverstone-Krysten Ritter Movie 'Vamps'
The reunion between Silverstone and "Clueless" writer-director Amy Heckerling is being eyed for a Halloween release.
Anchor Bay Films has picked up all North American distribution rights to Vamps, a vampire satire from Amy Heckerling, the director best known for movies such as Clueless and Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
A theatrical release around Halloween is being eyed.
The movie, which contains elements of romance and fantasy, stars Alicia Silverstone and Krysten Ritter, who is getting much ink these days for her new TV show Don’t Trust the B--- in Apartment 23, as vampires (the movie uses the “policitally correct” term of Extended Life Forms) living the good life in New York City while attending their support group, Sanguines Anonymous. When love enters their lives, hard choices must be made.
Sigourney Weaver, Wallace Shawn, Justin Kirk and Richard Lewis are also among the cast. The movie was produced by Lauren Versel, Molly Hassell, Stuart Cornfeld and Maria Teresa Arida.
Cassian Elwes, Kevin Iwashima and Julie Kroll repped the filmmakers.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty