'All of Me' Remake in the Works at DreamWorks
John Davis is producing the body-switching comedy.
DreamWorks is quietly developing a remake of All of Me, the 1980s body-switching comedy that starred Steve Martin and Lily Tomlin.
Veteran producer John Davis, whose most recent credits include the sci-fi hit Chronicle and the Jim Carrey comedy Mr. Popper’s Penguins, is on board as producer.
Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein, who worked on the recent Rachel McAdams hit The Vow and also wrote the Drew Barrymore romantic comedy Never Been Kissed, have penned the script. The project is in script-development stage.
The 1984 original, directed by Carl Reiner, followed a dying millionairess who, in trying to achieve immortality, transfers her spirit into the body of a nebbish attorney, and the two must find a way to work together.
New Line previously held the rights and was developing a take that would have starred Queen Latifah.
In the redo by DreamWorks, which picked up the project out of turnaround about a year ago, the plan is to have a guy’s soul enter the body of a woman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!